Preparing Your Home for a Home Inspection, with Mike Auger
There are a number of ways you can prepare your home for a home inspection, but many remain uninformed. Mike Auger, from Patriot Home Inspections, is here today to show you how.
What to Do Before Your Home Inspection
- Ensure that the inspectors have access to everything, i.e. the attic, small crawl spaces, basement, etc.
- Make sure to have all of the utilities on! The home inspector can lose access to some of the most important areas of the house if they can not access them due to plumbing or heat issues.
- Don’t rush through repairs before your home inspector arrives!
- If you DO have work done, make sure to keep any and all documentation!
What Not to Do Before Your Home Inspection
- Being present for the home inspection can make everyone feel awkward all around. Sit back and let the home inspector do their job.
- Don’t make estimations or fudge your disclosure. If you’re not sure, let your home inspector know.
- In general, don’t make life difficult for your home inspector! Let them do their job- they’re here to help!
For More Information
To learn more about Patriot Home Inspections and the services they provide, visit: www.HomeInspectorRI.com. It is there that you can a wealth of information regarding home inspections in general, including FAQ’s, articles, and helpful lists.